Remote static and dynamic monitoring with an accelerometer to mitigate large external vibrations.
An advanced microwave interferometry based system for remote static and dynamic monitoring, IBIS-FS Plus inferometric radar is used on bridges and other structures including buildings, historical monuments and towers. An accelerometer version of IBIS-FS, this radar mitigates the effect of large external vibration sources on results.
In static, the IBIS-FS Plus is ideal for:
- Structure load testing;
- Structure displacement and collapse hazards;
- Cultural heritage preservation.
In dynamic, the IBIS-FS Plus is best used for:
- Structure resonance frequency measurements;
- Structural modal shape analysis.
In either state, the IBIS-FS Plus features:
- Remote sensing: Real-time remote sensing at up to 1 km with no need for equipment to be installed on the monitored structure.
- Accurate measurements: Measures displacements of as little as 0.01mm @ 0.5km range. No standard instrument can achieve such accuracy.
- Ground vibration removal: Built-in accelerometer to cancel the self-induced vibrations transmitted to the radar from the ground.
- Sampling: Structural vibration sampling up to 200 Hz.
- Always operational: Operates day and night and in all weather conditions.
Benefits of the IBIS-FS Plus include:
- Accurate measurements even when the system is installed in places with large ground vibrations;
- Increase structural health monitoring efficiency through the use of a non-invasive vibration monitoring technique;
- Accurate and remote real-time monitoring of structural vibration and natural frequencies;
- Reduces the time required for static or dynamic bridge structural testing to just a few minutes
Real-time software for monitoring
IBIS-FS Plus is equipped with the IBIS Surveyor acquisition software and the IBIS-FS Plus Viewer software for data analysis.
IBIS Surveyor is able to show in real time a power image of the monitored scenario, the displacement of the overall scenario, and the displacement of selected points in the scenario. Displacement accuracy can be within 0.01mm.
IBIS Surveyor includes a special tool for IBIS-FS Plus that enables acquisition of the built-in accelerometer’s data to correct for the ground vibrations transmitted via the system’s tripod.
The IBIS Surveyor software is specifically developed to process the raw files generated during measurement sessions by IBIS-FS and IBIS FS Plus. The software is equipped with a complete set of features for the static and dynamic evaluation of the overall structural displacement.
Static information that can be obtained include:
- Power image of the monitored scenario for the selection of specific points to be monitored
- Temporal displacement histories of the selected measurement points belonging to the investigated scenario (bridges, dams, landslides, etc.).
Processing of IBIS-FS and IBIS-FS Plus data also includes basic dynamic structural analysis tools to identify the resonance frequencies and modal shapes of the monitored structures.
This information can lead to a complete Structural Health Monitoring system for a structure.
IBIS-FS Plus Viewer
IBIS-FS Plus Viewer is used for data analysis and correction of the ground vibrations transmitted to the system including Frequency Spectrum correction.
Copyright © 2022, Falcon Geomatics LLC – All Rights reserved