IBIS-FB is a revolutionary remote monitoring system, designed to support the assessment of mine blasting. From remote distances, the IBIS-FB safely monitors blast-induced ground vibrations. Using this innovative radar technology helps mines control the impact both on the pit and nearby structures.
Using microwave interferometry technology, IBIS-FB accurately measures remote broad areas for ground vibrations. After every single blast IBIS-FB measures a range of performance indexes at multiple points from remote distances, without the need to physically place any sensor or marker on the slope.
- Flexible mobility and quick set-ups
- Range resolution (up to 1 m)
- High sampling frequency (up to 200 Hz)
- Long scan range (up to 1 km)
- Broad area coverage (100 X 100 m2 at 1 km)
- High measurement accuracy (0.5 mm/s)
- External battery pack
- Highly durable operates in all weather conditions and temperatures (-30 °C to 55 °C);
- Built-in accelerometer removes the bias produced by induced vibrations on the radar
IBIS-FB is supplied along with the IBIS-FB Viewer, a versatile user-friendly suite for data interpretation and analysis. IBIS-FB Viewer provides automatic processing of radar data, visualization of time series for displacements, velocity and acceleration along with PPV vs scaled distance and radar signal quality plots.
IBIS-FB Viewer makes use of a built-in accelerometer and automatic correction algorithms to provide accurate and reliable data, removing the bias produced by induced vibrations on the radar. IBIS-FB Viewer enables the user to quickly interpret and react to the information delivered during IBIS radar monitoring projects.
The user is provided with broad area measurements of:
- Displacement, velocity and acceleration trends over time
- Peak Particle Velocity (PPV)
- Spectral distribution
- PPV trend vs scaled distance
The interpretation of the results is made easy through the availability of the most common blasting analysis criteria (Richards & Moore, USBM, OSM) as well as customized tools. Improved safety, production optimization and support for mine planning and hazard mitigation strategies will be ensured.
Copyright © 2022, Falcon Geomatics LLC – All Rights reserved