An unique ground penetrating radar (GPR) solution for the early detection of concrete bridge decks deterioration, the RIS Hi-BrigHT has an innovative design and sophisticated software. RIS Hi-BrigHT revolutionises bridge inspection using GPR, enabling:
- Measurement of pavement and concrete slab and asphalt thickness;
- Determination of reinforcement cover depth and thickness;
- Automatic detection of rebars;
- Detection of areas affected by corrosion;
- Location of deck slab and protective concrete damage;
- Utilities mapping;
- Delamination detection.
The RIS Hi-BrigHT features:
- Massive antenna array: Two rows of eight double polarized 2GHz antennas provide highly detailed 3D underground tomography. Greater detail enables a more accurate diagnosis of bridge deck anomalies.
- Dual polarisation: Dual polarisation increases depth of penetration and quality of the imaging.
- Fast data collection: Hi-Bright is 1 meter wide and can scan a bridge with passes in a single direction. The time needed to inspect a bridge is reduced by 16 times compared to a single antenna ground penetrating radar.
- Automatic generated moisture map: The post processing software is able to automatically generate a map of the bridge deck’s general moisture zone. This map is obtained using a proprietary IDS algorithm.
Benefits of the RIS Hi-BrigHT include:
- Easy interpretation of data using software specifically designed for bridge analysis
- Reduction in blocked traffic due to a 10 times reduction in survey time
- More accurate planning
- Reduced bridge restoration costs
Semi-automatic software provides easy mapping
RIS Hi-Bright is provided with the GRED HD 3D Bridge software module for post processing
GRED HD 3D Bridge post processing software
Specifically designed to deliver bridge deck moisture maps in a semi-automatic way, GRED HD 3D Bridge software is a unique interface that is able to automatically detect rebars, the depth of the asphalt and the concrete slab thickness. Export three different types of status maps, easily visualized and exported, based on several parameters and algorithms:
- Power Map: the Power Map is the amplitude of the detected rebars and it is expressed in Volts.
- Moisture Map: the Moisture Map represents an estimate of the propagation velocity calculated at the rebars interface
- Asphalt Thickness Map: the Asphalt Thickness Map identifies the boundary between the asphalt and concrete layers and represents the thickness of the asphalt.
The software offers the fast creation and display of 2D and 3D tomograms in just a few minutes after basic filtering. Raw data, structures and objects of any generic shape are able to be directly exported to CAD or GIS maps.
GRED HD 3D Bridge is fully compatible with any GPS or positioning data in order to automatically obtain geo-referenced data plots.