Quality Insight at the Point of Production
Its most notable feature is its flexibility. The 4.5.4 SF uses standard 110 volt outlets with no need for shop air. Its compact footprint and roll-around stand, specifically designed to fit through a standard door, lets you easily move the SF series anywhere in the shop where precise dimensional inspection is required.
Optional programmable status lighting on the z-axis signals the machine’s progress throughout the measurement routine. An etched granite base defines the measurement envelope in the x and y axes. Workspace LED lighting illuminates the parts being inspected in poorly lit environments. An optional articulated arm supports the monitor and keyboard (shown here) to increase its ergonomic flexibility.
The 4.5.4 SF integrates advanced thermal compensation to adjust for shop floor temperature gradients. Protective covered ways guard the machine’s scales from collecting dirt & dust, ultimately affecting the machine’s performance. For movement throughout the facility, the 4.5.4 SF has built-in vibration resistance, giving operators’ confidence in the accuracy of their measurements. For operators monitoring multiple machines at once, Hexagon has developed the Message Light System, an alerting option to inform users of any errors that can occur during measurement from across the shop floor!
Economical to own and operate with low up-front cost and simple maintenance, the 4.5.4 SF could be the most flexible CMM you’ve ever operated.
Plug it in and start measuring!
- No air supply needed.
- Durable, low maintenance, sealed recirculating ball bearings.
- Highly reliable skewed bearing drive system
- Hardened steel machine tool linear guides enhance precision, reliability and durability.
- Small footprint fits any shop floor configuration.
- Integrated LED workspace lighting
- Scales and reader heads mounted in inverted position to protect against shop-borne contaminants.
- Bellows covers protect critical components from shop floor contaminants.
- Designed for the Shop Floor
- Accuracy performance stated for any temperature in the range 15-40° C (59-104°F)
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence tests and evaluates CMM products using the American standard ASME B89 and international standard, ISO 10360-2, and ISO 10360-4.
Copyright © 2021, Falcon Geomatics LLC – All Rights reserved